Monday, June 05, 2017

WBCQ testing in DRM mode ?

tpreitzel posted this in drmrx forum....

Well, I definitely saw a 20 kHz, yes dual channel, digital signal which was centered on 15420 kHz today so I'm assuming this test originated from WBCQ. The signal was strongest as I rotated my magnetic loop from a NE to SW direction at my location. I haven't seen a signal this strong in the USA since RNZI reduced their broadcasts to the Pacific. This DRM signal lasted until ~ 1730Z.

Three years have elapsed since WBCQ began musing about the possibility of using DRM, but apparently the time has finally arrived. WBCQ, when you finally use DRM on SW, please, PLEASE use 16 QAM modulation for the Main Service Channel (MSC). Thank you.

Great! Apparently, DRM is nearing sufficient thrust to blast-off.

Related :

WBCQ had filed application for new transmitter and antenna in March'17 :

https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-344120A1.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment