Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Bangladesh Betar Domestic Service on 4750 kHz noted with morning service

I'm now getting Bangladesh Betar Domestic Service Transmission on 4750kHz during morning hours. At first, on sunday i.e. May 4th I found loud & clear signal of Bangladesh Betar around 0231UTC onwards. I recorded some a few minutes of audio that transmission around 0259UTC. There was news in Bengali from 0300UTC. At first I thought due to possible Cyclonic Strom Nargis in parts of Bangladesh , the morning transmission was there as this particular Cyclonic Strom was frequently changing its directions finally hitting some parts of Burma. But I found no special info on Cyclonic Strom during my monitoring periods. This was not the case with CEDAR another Cyclonic Strom in Bay of Bengal during November 2007. There was frequent warning etc announcements about Cyclonic Strom during their special morning to all day long special transmission. Anyway, I found this morning transmission of Bangladesh Betar on 4750kHz also on May 5 (morning prayers etc at early morning ) & May 6 ( at 0100UTC News in Bangla with time signal etc) also. Perhaps they have begun their regular morning transmission again after a long break.

Thanking you.
73 & 55
Gautam Kumar Sharma
Abhyapuri,Assam,India

No comments:

Post a Comment